Raksha Badhan: find 20 beautiful raksha bandhan images in 2020 here, just scroll down and download and wish your brother and sisters with beautiful images.
Raksha Bandhan is a festival of brothers and sisters, Raksha Bandhan is an auspicious day that is the symbol of unbreakable bond between a brother and a sister. The true meaning of the festival resonates from its literal translation that reads ‘safety’ and ‘bond’ between brothers and sisters. On this day, sisters from most parts of the Indian subcontinent, tie a talisman, or an amulet, called rakhi, around the wrists of their brothers, who in return reward their sisters with gifts and the promise to protect them from every difficult situation in their lives. However, with the changing times, many sisters have taken it upon themselves to promise theirs the same.
History of Raksha Bandhan
Amongst the many historical references for the celebration of Raksha Bandhan, one of most popular stories is linked to the Mughal period, the widowed Empress of Chittor, Karnavati, could not bear the crisis in her state and sent a Rakhi to Mughal emperor Humayun. With the help of this gesture, she sought help to protect her state against the attack of Bahadur Shah of Gujarat. Accordingly, Humayun sent a huge army to protect his sister.
It is also believed that Draupadi once tore a strip of her saree and tied it to Krishna’s bleeding wrist. From them onwards, Krishna declared her his sister and also protected her, when she was publicly humiliated by the Kauravas, after being gambled away in a dice game by her husbands.
Raksha Bandhan is also associated with the birth of Goddess Santoshi, and the relationship between Goddess Santoshi and King Bali. Along with that, one of the popular beliefs also lies in the relationship between Lord Yama and Yamuna. Following the death of Lord Yama, Yamuna ties an amulet around Yama’s wrist and bestows immortality.
Sisters around rakhi on the wrist of their brothers and promise to protect each other and brothers usually gave gift to their sisters.
Raksha Bandhan 2020
Rakhi on wrist
Rakhi with sweet images
Brothers and sisters raksha bandhan
Raksha bandhan Illustrations
Quotes on raksha bandhan
- May you be blessed with all that you have wished for, my dear girl. And may you always keep smiling.
- Though the bond that we share is meant to be celebrated throughout our lives, this Raksha Bandhan here’s sending this message to tell you how much you mean to me. You are indeed God’s most special gift to me. Happy Raksha Bandhan my little girl.
- This Raksha Bandhan here’s reminding you that I am just a call away. You and I may be far, but there’s nothing that can keep us apart. Happy Raksha Bandhan my little baby.
- A very Happy Raksha Bandhan to the person who annoys me the most yet the one who I love the most.
- This Raksha Bandhan, here’s sending my blessings to you my little sister. May you be showered with God’s choicest blessings. Happy Raksha Bandhan, Chutki.
- Countless memories to cherish, uncountable situations to laugh and myriad reasons to have you in my life. Thank you for being my little sweetheart—a very Happy and a blissful Raksha Bandhan to you.
Happy Raksha Bandhan to all of you
Quotes source: Times Now